I am stunned and extremely honored that one of my fellow bloggers has nominated me for this award. Ley of Our Blended Marriage was kind enough to nominate me. There are rules for the Liebster Award, they are simple and as follows.
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
My 10 questions are listed below. I had a blast answering them, they were all great questions.
1: Why do you blog?
I have always loved cooking, BBQ and hot peppers. I found a community of like minded people who seemed to have a real interest in what I had to say. I love to write, so what better way to add to this wonderful community than to start a blog.
2: Are you getting what you want/need out of it?
I am. I have gotten so much more out of it than I ever anticipated. It has opened a whole new world of wonderful people and new friendships.
3: What have you learned about blogging?
I have learned that the less you pay attention to stats the more followers you will get. I don’t know why this seems to be true, but it is certainly true for me.
4: What will this nomination do for you?
I am not sure what this nomination will do for me, I am excited that someone took the time to recognize all the effort I put into my blog, and for that I am grateful.
5: How do you get inspired?
This one is easy; I am inspired by my wife. I find her to be the most fascinating thing in my life and without her influence I am not sure where I would be.
6: What is it that you think sets you apart from other similar blogs?
Ok the last one was easy, this one is hard. I think honesty in writing means a lot. If you are not honest about yourself or your experiences, your blog will seem off. I think I have been more than honest with my experiences. All you have to do is read my post Kitchen Nightmares to see that.
7: Do you see yourself as the authority in your blog topic?
Not at all, I am constantly learning and evolving. I have learned more in the past few months about cooking, peppers, and BBQ than I could have ever imagined.
8: What is the hardest part about blogging for your topic matter?
My subject matter is constantly evolving, my content grows with my garden, indoors and out, with each new problem, idea, success I find subject matter, the hardest part is putting my experiences into words. I have been ok with that so far, but without my wife’s help in reading what I write before I publish a post, this would be a lot more difficult.
9: What is the easiest part about blogging for your topic matter?
The easiest part is the food, cooking what I grow, and sharing my recipes, reading and replying to the comments. I love it.
10: Do you hate your nominator for doing this to you? Why?
Not at all, if he took the time to read my blog and thought it was good enough to be in his top ten, that’s just a great compliment to my blog.
My nominees 10 questions are as follows.
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. What is your favorite post on your blog, and why?
3. How often do you post?
4. What do you get out of blogging?
5. How did you become interested in starting a blog?
6. How many blogs do you follow?
7. Does it matter to you how many people are reading your blog? Why?
8. How long does it take you to write a post?
9. What is your favorite kind of music? Why?
10. How much time do you spend working on your blog each week?